Sunday 15 June 2014

My Many Thousands Words - Marie Toh

A picture’s worth a thousand words; so here are some pages from my sketchbook from the lectures I attended with some notes.

I did not go expecting too much from it, but the whole experience was really a timely blessing from Him. Being dry and far the past few years, I felt God drawing close to me through this experience.

Being more equipped with certain knowledge, arousing my curiosity for His word, seeing so many people, especially the young people my age, so on fire for God really inspired me to take a step back and view how I’ve been living my life thus far, and it was a grim outlook. But with this realisation, I know that I can put my hope in a God who transcends all time and space, whose love is far too deep to uproot, and a Father who wants to purify us in and out and use us, no matter how small we feel, for His glory and kingdom.

Thank you STEP 2014. 

Marie Toh

Prof. Simon Chan on theological education and social engagement.

Dr. Maggie Low on Old Testament study and Eld. Eunice Low on New Testament study.

Rev. Tan Tiong Ann on various theological topics.

Mr. Jose Philips on science and Christianity.

Ms. Kuik Shiao-Yin on faith, vocation, and social enterprise.

Prof. Roland Chia and Pr. Joshua Woo conversing on public theology.

Bishop Emeritus Robert Solomon on Christian leadership.

Pr. Gideon Teo on Biblical Counseling.

No comments:

Post a Comment