Tuesday 31 May 2016

It is only by His grace - Grace Heng


"Prior to the program, I was asked to write my conversion story and sadly all I had written was 2 lines to state about my baptism. It was only through the duration of the Synod Training and Exposure Program that I truly explored my faith and am proud to proclaim I’m a Presbyterian.

In my entire Christian life, I have never really questioned about what I believe. Perhaps because I was a second generation Christian so my thoughts were “It’s in the bible, it must be true.” It is only during this past 3 weeks that I started understanding that I am a sinner, totally depraved, yet by the grace of God, chosen to be His child.

This revelation stirred in me a revival and a hunger I have never felt before, for the word of God and a relationship with Him. I pray that through this journey on earth, I can find my true delight in the one eternal living God. Thereafter, obeying his commission to share this wondrous love.

This song was inspired by the "TULIPS" theory."

Creator: Grace Heng
For the Synod Youth and Training Programme (STEP)
(Original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrR3RKv0zos)

The video is purely for entertainment purposes and not for commercial use.
All rights reserved to the original creators.

Verse:
在我们的生命中,真正喜乐从何而来
是否是主耶稣,救主
祂早已拣选我们
何等的恩典,能赦免一切的罪孽
当我们被拣选,祂与我们同行

Chorus:
宣告祂的名的人,会得到救恩
不靠 自己的能力
只靠祂的恩典
因祂的慈爱,我们成祂的儿女
会不会跟周围的人
分享上帝的爱

Ending:
最终的回应就是,我们应当敬拜祂
因祂是万王之王
配得一切颂赞


Verse:
D A G D
As we go about our lives, do we find our true delight?
G D
In the Lord, God our saviour
Em A
Who chose us before birth? (Theme: Unconditional Election)
D A G D
We are totally depraved, it is only by His Grace (Theme: Total Depravity) G D G A D
And once we are chosen, He’ll walk us all the way (Theme: Perseverance of the Saints)

Chorus:
G D G A D
Salvation is given to those who proclaim His name (Theme: Limited Atonement)
G D
Not by our works or deeds Em A
It is only by His grace (Christian believes that we are saved by grace through faith only)
G D G A D
We are His children because of His great love (Theme: Limited Atonement)
G D
Do we share this wondrous love (Great Commission) Em G A
With those around us

Ending:
D A
So the question now to ask
G D
Do we respond to Him in praise (Theme: Irresistible Grace) G D
For He is our King and Lord G A D
And deserves our every praise

2 comments: