Sunday 8 June 2014

STEP-Fast Love - Jonathan Lau

This post is special; this is the only post I have put a photo in, and I am dedicating this to STEP. :)

On Friday, we graduated! Yay! It was an intense yet fun three weeks. To the pastors-in-charge, really want to thank you all for organizing this. It is fun, enriching, exciting (especially the first day^^) and great experience to many things that we probably wont explore. Appreciate you all,and especially after pastor Joshua Woo shared about how he had to call here and there for speakers.

To all the speakers, thank you for taking time to come down to speak to us:) It was really enriching hearing about stuffs like christianity in southeast asia, christianity and science. And also for all the theological lesson, calvin and what is it to be theologically educated.

And for what we call ourselves, the STEPers (so much pun), thank you for all the devotions that you all led, it is super applicable. Thank you all for sharing your laughter and joy with me. Without you guys, I think STEP would be quite quiet:) Fun fact: I am an introvert^^ I also thank you guys for joking around and really I am still very amazed by how God brings all of us from different churches together and make a STEP out of it!  
 
Firstly,as I looked back, wow, I wouldn’t have join STEP if Grace didn’t tell me about it. I was busy finding a job to earn money, but somehow, I couldn’t find a job suitable for me. Those suitable for me dao me -.- and then I realise that maybe I could join STEP, and when I actually look at the timetable, I was like 'let's go man'. The thing that caught my eye was the theology of worship and sacramental theology, but throughout the three week, I learn that theological education doesn’t separate both the theological knowledge and the practical part. 

Anyway, the point is that I believe that everyone in STEP is not by chance. We were chosen to learn and fellowship with one another. We were CALLED to be here for a purpose for God's mission. We could have been doing other stuff but we chose to join STEP, and that is one point I really cherish in this program, that all of you are not here by chance, but God putting each and everyone of you in my live. And I could say the same of all of you too, right?

I pray that even after STEP has ended, we will still continue to hold on to one another, always keeping in touch. And of course, we must hold on to God. As we depart to our future journey, let these memories always be in our heart, cause there will never be much opportunity for us to fellowship with other church's brother and sister. Let us continue to serve God, to help people and to fellowship with one another.

Soli Deo Gloria.

Jonathan Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment