Wednesday 29 May 2019

Gospel of Grace by Samuel, STEP 2019



O God, we praise You for Your irresistibly amazing grace. Your knowledge is infinite and how unfathomable! As it is written in John 3:30, “He must become greater; I must become less.” I pray that others will know the Holy Spirit fully working in me and that Your glory will be reflected through this poem, thereby transforming the hearts of all You’ve chosen, for it is written “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit- fruit that will last- and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.” (John 15:16).

Gospel of Grace

When my time has come and death beckons,
What will I do when I come before You in heaven?
Will I rejoice of how it was my choice so great,
or will I be humbled by Your will on my fate?

Before Adam and Eve took the wicked bite,
They knew that disobeying You was not right.
Even near God they chose to sin,
How can we say we would have chosen Him?

Because of the Fall, Man was completely doomed,
But You sent Jesus who bled through his wounds.
What we deserve is death, from our Total Depravity,
Yet all is not lost because of the cross at Calvary.

Lord, we did not choose You, but You chose us,
Nothing we do makes us worthy of Jesus.
You sacrificed your son for the world’s redemption,
Exercising your sovereignty of Unconditional Election.

Christ’ death on the cross, a reparation for our sin,
Only will we be saved with the Holy Spirit within.
Limited Atonement by Your sovereign will,
Out of immeasurable gratitude we can only be still.

How great are You Lord, Your love so divine,
That You would choose us despite the Fall of mankind.
Though our faith wavers from the worldly desires we chase,
We will always be drawn back to Your Irresistible Grace.

With our salvation granted by the Almighty God Most High,
Nothing in all creation will be able to separate us to die.
The Perseverance of the Saints gives us assurance of our salvation,
For Your great love transcends all our transgressions.

You declare that just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are Your ways and thoughts higher than ours of little worth.
So as simple and finite humans who were condemned to death,
We will worship and enjoy You with our borrowed breath.





No comments:

Post a Comment