Thursday 5 June 2014

A Heart-filled and Personal Gratitude (Week 3, Final Reflection) - Crystal Tang

Picture taken after dinner with the foreign worker we were assigned to be with at HealthServe. It was heart-warming to able to share his struggles despite the short period of time, and he was really happy to be with us, accepting our offering of prayer before we parted ways.

(This reflection is nothing like the usual. It will be the last reflection for STEP and thus a more personal voice would be heard through the following paragraphs)

As I am typing this reflection at 1:30am on 5 June 2014, most of you would have already fallen asleep after a really tiring week that ended a mere few hours ago. I tried. But I couldn't so here am I, kept awake right now after three weeks of program with everyone. Memories of the program could not contain itself till a later day. So, I just have to blog it out in hope that the adrenaline could be transferred to a more positive energy like completing my reflections!

Have I mentioned how thankful I felt before? Perhaps I did, perhaps I didn't, but please let me reiterate once more of the immense and unspeakable gratitude to be part of this very memorable STEP program. Attending this program was probably one of the wisest decisions I have made till date in 2014. Till now, I am still dwelling in a total state of disbelief that STEP program has come to an unwilling end, and that we are now put back into our real challenge TO SERVE the wider community out there. 

As I was thinking about the letter to our respective EDC, I felt a sudden sense of inadequacy to put these gratitude and joy into words for them to read. I wished they could feel this heart beat right now, and that itself would be the best reason of why they should continue to support the STEP program for the next generation. In all honesty, I never felt happier, never felt more liberated, joyful and empowered for the longest of time. For the first time after a long period, I understood the meaning of what FELLOWSHIP is all about (for those who have heard about my ministry project, you would understand what I meant). 

I’m so thankful because God has heard my cries since awhile back, and the wait till today is really worthwhile. Thank you, my dear friends for the very enjoyable and meaningful time that we have spent together learning the precious words of God, building each other up in the name of Christ and listening to one another in a way better than a counselor could do. Thank you for leaving this trail of support that I can always fall back into in times of challenges, knowing that there are so many like-minded Presbyterians around. I can't help but thank God unceasingly for everyone. :)

I am much thankful to the organizing committee as well because without their dedication and efforts, all these would not have come into place. I’ve been blessed and touched by their actions, their zealous attitudes and openness in accepting various suggestions that we have. I was humbled when the pastors began to join us in meals, in fun and sporting activities that we planned because all these seemingly trivial acts have inspired me so much since the start of the program. Thank God for Pastor Joshua Woo and Pastor Willy Lau for being such great examples to the rest of us! Thank God for all the speakers who specially took time out of their busy schedules to share their experiences with us all. We have certainly benefited much from this entire program. 

I pray that we will continually keep one another in prayers, and support one another in the various ministries we are called to be in. Surely this is nothing at the end of the tunnel, and as the very cliché but true saying goes ‘the end is just but the start of something new’.

Crystal Tang

No comments:

Post a Comment