Saturday 7 June 2014

Final Week - Reuben Yap

Before I knew it, STEP has come to an end. For the past three weeks, it was indeed a great privilege to be able to listen to all the speakers and as well as meet all the wonderful young people whose desire is to glorify God. I thank God for the organisers, Joshua and Willy, and also for the timing where we can all gather together.

Looking back, I am really thankful to have attended this programme. Initially, I did not readily accept to attend STEP because of 2 reasons. I wanted to work to earn more money, and was not sure if I should because I used STEP as a back-up plan for boredom (or the excuse because I have nothing better to do, therefore I might as well…).

STEP has exposed me to theology that I did not bother about before. While I see it has important, I initially thought that it did not concern me. It would be good for people who are considering further studies in theology to attend STEP as we have visited Singapore Bible College and Trinity Theological College. I am also inspired by the sharing of fellow STEP interns as well, using their talents and passion for a good cause.

I would recommend people to attend the next STEP, whether they are like me who am totally clueless about theology or they know much, because it is better to attend, as you are able to contribute to the discussion. Have I not mention people? Meeting people excites me more than the content of the talks unfortunately. Come and be inspired, motivated and even challenged to do something. That been said, I have to start on my letter to the EDC to ask them to continue their support for the programme. It has benefitted me so much.

I feel that 3 weeks is too short! How about a 4 weeks to 6 weeks time period? I felt that the 3 weeks were more of exposure (to me) and not much on training. Another 3 weeks for training perhaps? More practical stuff might interest the more hands on people.

Looking forward to meeting up for the next programme or any collaboration we might have between churches to achieve a common objective! Till we meet again, may God continue to lead and guide these people for Your purpose.

Reuben Yap

No comments:

Post a Comment