Saturday 7 June 2014

Thus I'll Move And Live And Grow In You And You In Me - Sarah Tan

STEPers at the STEPs.

Firstly, all glory and honour goes to God, the One who make all things possible. Thank You Lord. 


And then many thanks to Pr. Joshua for the email where I was gladly introduced to STEP, for without it, I would never have had the opportunity to venture into such a meaningful journey. These three weeks flew by really quickly and seeing the programme come to an end feels so surreal and sad. I must say that I certainly have enjoyed my time in STEP. 

STEP has caused me to yearn for an even deeper and intimate relationship with God, to learn a great deal of theological matters and to make new (and definitely amazing) friends. STEP has also gave me great insights into theologies and issues that I have never put much thought into as well as revealing an overwhelming amount of things I have yet to discover. But with that, it has sparked in me a desire to want to find out more. Undoubtedly, it has made me feel so small because our God is just so great and mighty! 



One major takeaway from STEP is that God can use me, just a speck in the universe, so unnoticeable by many yet so important in His Eyes. Just how great is our God! It is definitely amazing experience God working in my life and that He reveals Himself to each and every individual differently. I have come to clearly see that God has placed amazing people in my journey as advisors, whom I very much need. In light of this, it has aligned the path I am threading on into a certain way in which I believe will lead me to what He has designed for me to do here on Earth and ultimately, into His Kingdom. 



I believe that all of us would agree that STEP was fantastically planned and well organised. We have had many amazing speakers from all walks of life, all with different backgrounds, yet speaking so in sync when we speak of our awesome God, looking towards Him and focusing our discussions and lessons on The One and Only. Undeniably, we have much to thank Pr. Joshua Woo and Pr. Willy Lau for believing in us and playing the largest (humanly possible) part in making STEP so successful. As well as to Joshua (Lee) for capturing all the beautiful memories that all of us have shared together! 



As we were graced with a wonderful celebration on Friday night, Matthew led us in the final song "The Summons". Honestly, I have sang this song many times yet the lyrics never spoke to me quite as loud as it did that night. And so will I go when He calls my name? Will I go where I don't know and never be the same? As the words flowed out from my mouth, all that filled me was a silent cry, a silent cry in submission to Him.


And if I can steal a sentence to sum up the burning desire that STEP has convinced me of, it will be this; Thus I'll move and live and grow in You and You in me.

Sarah Tan

No comments:

Post a Comment