Saturday 31 May 2014

Christian Living and Enthusiam for God - Sheryl Chng

Today, we were briefly introduced to what Christian living really means. From this session, I took away two important points. 

The first important point, or question rather, was how we can sustain our enthusiasm for Christ. There tends to be some sort of hype when we do things for the first time, but after a while, this enthusiasm gradually dies down. I feel like sometimes that’s how I am like. After camps or retreats, or Christmas or Easter services, there tends to be some sort of greater “passion” for Christ, but after a few weeks, after life gets back to its mundane routine, this enthusiasm kind of fades away.

Personally, I feel like this enthusiasm refers to the desire to learn more about His word, the desire to learn more about His ways, and the desire to grow closer to Him. Having the privilege of coming from a Christian family allows me to go to church every week without facing objections and rejections from relatives and friends, like some Christians do. Things fall in place very nicely for me, and sometimes I take this for granted. For me, I think this is one main reason why there are times when I am not as “enthusiastic” for Christ. So yes, this is something I can work on.

The other important thing I learnt was that Christian living is more about the process than the result. This point really got me thinking. Sometimes, instead of just verbally sharing the Gospel, it might be better to live out the Gospel, to show people how disciples of God are like, instead of telling them what they are like. Hence, we should always be on our guard, and we should always be mindful of what we say and what we do. After all, actions speak louder than words.

All in all, it was a good talk about Christian living. :)

Sheryl Chng

No comments:

Post a Comment