Sunday 25 May 2014

I Have A Date with Spring - Willy Lau

2 days of attending theological lessons left me with a sense of nostalgia. Reminiscing exactly 10 years ago where I graduated from TTC, got married, became a pastor and have my first baby all in the same year, I found myself sitting in a strangely familiar classroom setting but this time, everyone around me are at last 10 years younger than me. #Flashback, #Throwback, where has all my youth gone? What??!!? 3 kids already? Where are the days where I gone diving, sailing and backpacking in Europe/Mongolia/Bhutan/Tibet, etc? 

Looking at the pastor’s kids and pastor-to-be kids among this group of people, I whispered a prayer that my kids will join STEP too when they grow up. Sunrise, sunset and it goes on and on. I thank God for regularity. I thank God for ORDER. Am I a spiritual chemist? Am I a farmer? The choice is mine to take. Is there a correlation of colonization and Christianity? As a person who is against colonization, advising people against bringing Hillsongs to the hills (be it the hill tribes in Myanmar/Camobodia/Indonesia or any parts of the world) or even to our own churches for that matter, Dr. Violet James did make me rethink if there is anything positive that colonization has brought to this region.

Dr. Calvin Chong gave an impressive lecture on youth ministry today and it was truly engaging. An artist indeed while my mind has already transported to the fact that I would be going for Affordable Art Fair that very evening. Interestingly however, while driving to meet Peter before the fair, God showed me that he is the greatest artist by showing me this. 


After that, I can only say the company and friends I met were more attractive and mesmerizing than the paintings on the wall.

Pr. Willy Lau
Synod Youth Executive

No comments:

Post a Comment