Saturday 31 May 2014

You Have Been There For Me - Kerrhui

I think I had been acting pretty reserved during the 1st week of STEP. I was being socially awkward as I'm facing a lot of personal issues which are making me emotionally tired and thus it was hard for me to talk much to others. Initially, I thought I would just leave STEP with lots of theological knowledge and not much strong bonds with the other interns because of my quietness and since we are listening to talks most of the time and not interacting. 

However, things changed in the 2nd week. I am very glad that STEP has meticulously planned a fellowship time for us (Botanical Gardens). I could have chosen not to join the fellowship since the venue was far and frisbee wasn't really my thing. But our God works in miraculous ways and He saw the need in me. As I was really busy with STEP and some church ministry this month, I couldn't fellowship with my church mates. God knew that I needed fellowship and He provided for me. Somehow I just ended up in Botanical Gardens and had a great fellowship time. Though I might not have shown out my feelings, I truly enjoyed the fellowship time with everyone, even when I'm just being a listening ear. 

Once again I'm being reminded of the importance of fellowship, how it is not something we should neglect or overlook. According to Hebrews 10:25, "And let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another-- and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

I had almost forsaken the fellowship time with STEP interns, and I'm thankful that God brought me back to show me His love through His people. It's great that STEP is not just all about knowledge and learning, but also caring and ministering. 

Remembered the story Jean Chiew shared during the Youth Sharing, where she saw this girl among the crowd and just asked 'are you okay' and stood beside her in awkward silence? The girl ended up asking for a hug and cried. Now I feel like I'm that girl and you all have been the one comforting me. Your presence alone is sufficient. You might not know what you have done, but I just want to let you know, you have been there for me.

Kerrhui

No comments:

Post a Comment